maandag 13 oktober 2008

Marty Neuemeier "The Brand Gap"


Since this is going to be my playground and im still waitin for the other kids to drop by, so we can build some sandcastles ;)

I'm dedicating this post on a book

@ school im finishing my Design management minor. It took the teacher quite some time to convince me on the importance of applying academic theory with the knowledge that you gather by just working. I mean i am a big supporter of just listening, observating and read what crosses my path. You won't find me sitting behind a desk and going through statistics, numbers and other deep research related material.

After he convinced me I was like, ok well what should and could be a good starters for me.

Then a classmate of mine, Lenn, gave me this book for me to read. I took it - gave the cover a glimpse - and put it in my back and took it home. Later on when i was in the train on my way to Rotterdam, i started reading it and didn't stop till i reached the final page.

What a good and most of all what a logical book it was, it adressed topics i didn't know, it opened my eyes to things I almost knew and it showed me that I was already understanding the basics to branding.

The Author Marty Neuemeier really gave a good and clean insight into the world of branding.

Here you can view the website of Marty's company Neutron LLC

Geen opmerkingen: