dinsdag 14 oktober 2008

Drawing of Eckart Wintzen






It was quite a blow to me when I got the news about the passing of Mr. Eckart Wintzen. Not on of close relationship proportions, that would be an insult to the ones that loved and knew him. But it did do something to me…


It was @ the BID 2008 were I sneaked in to witness the cream of the crop (1500 euro's was little out of my reach) in international business discussing forum about different topics. They would switch from Wesley Clark talking about Dutch business mentality and wind energy to Louis van Gaal's vision on reaching targets & goals.

At one point this men, that stood out completely from all the others, took the stage and made his presence felt. I didn’t know the men talking at that point, but he had my attention.

Later on when we had the opportunity to mingle with each other, my courage sunk in to the bottom of my shoes. So I left it for what it was and thought: “Well we’ll meet again some place sometime”



It came all right but then in a different way. As the plane was making itself ready on Schiphol for boarding I went into the bookstore to look for some reading material. There my eyes catched a image of the men with the big grey eyebrows and infectious smile. Right before me lay the book on cell management principle, written by Eckart Wintzen. It didn’t take me long to buy it.


We hopped on the plane to Egypt and when we were back my hole body had a tan except for my head. There was a perfect square of paleness from were the book was when I red it under the Egyptian sun.

Being back for a week, I wanted to look how I could get in touch with him. But 7 days later I got the news off his passing.

It was a big loss for the Dutch business & more so for the tons of young people that still could learn allot from a person like he was.

The book is called: Eckart Wintzen notes

His website: http://www.extent.nl





Geen opmerkingen: